Yes, take action and begin by writing a letter to Secretary of Education Arne Duncan. Vicki Abeles, the mother/film maker of the documentary “Race to Nowhere” is also joining forces with experts and authors against the stifling reforms under No Child Left Behind and Race to the Top.
She set up the website End The Race To Nowhere that offers opportunity to let your voice be heard. Send that letter to Arne Duncan today! Vicki Abeles has made it easy to do! Just click here and use the form letter, or better yet, say it in your own words.
According to Diane Ravitch who’s traveling the country to speak out against NCLB and Race to the Top, U.S. Congress is receiving a lot of email and letters from concerned parents and teachers. She urges everyone of us to keep sending email, to keep blogging about the issues, to keep sending letters to the newspaper, to keep commenting on published articles and blogs to get the truth out! Read more on her Action page, see an excerpt below:
“We must take action. At present, the Obama administration is embarked on a course of action that many find repugnant. The Race to the Top is built on the foundation of No Child Left Behind. It emphasizes high-stakes testing, judging teachers by their students’ test scores, closing low-performing schools instead of helping them improve, and promoting a huge increase in private management of public schools.”
Diane’s busy schedule.
Follow Diane on Twitter
Follow me too
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Kansas High Court to Rule in School Funding Suit
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- 'Innovative Schools' plan to Baton Rouge board
- Survey finds many schools need repairs
- Split NC education board OKs new testing levels
- Common Core bill appears dead in Wisconsin Senate
- BESE backs overhaul of La. career-track diploma
- NJ closing 2 charter schools, renewing 10
- Farmington teachers balk at school shooting drill
- Maine Senate OKs pause on virtual charter schools