Yes, take action and begin by writing a letter to Secretary of Education Arne Duncan. Vicki Abeles, the mother/film maker of the documentary “Race to Nowhere” is also joining forces with experts and authors against the stifling reforms under No Child Left Behind and Race to the Top.
She set up the website End The Race To Nowhere that offers opportunity to let your voice be heard. Send that letter to Arne Duncan today! Vicki Abeles has made it easy to do! Just click here and use the form letter, or better yet, say it in your own words.
According to Diane Ravitch who’s traveling the country to speak out against NCLB and Race to the Top, U.S. Congress is receiving a lot of email and letters from concerned parents and teachers. She urges everyone of us to keep sending email, to keep blogging about the issues, to keep sending letters to the newspaper, to keep commenting on published articles and blogs to get the truth out! Read more on her Action page, see an excerpt below:
“We must take action. At present, the Obama administration is embarked on a course of action that many find repugnant. The Race to the Top is built on the foundation of No Child Left Behind. It emphasizes high-stakes testing, judging teachers by their students’ test scores, closing low-performing schools instead of helping them improve, and promoting a huge increase in private management of public schools.”
Diane’s busy schedule.
Follow Diane on Twitter
Follow me too
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Pearson Data System Hits Bumpy Ride in North Carolina
- Ed. Dept. Makes Protecting Student Data a High Priority
- On the Front Lines in the War on Poverty
- When Education Is But a Test Score
- Governors Urged to Seize Pre-K Momentum
- Saving Progressive Education From Itself
- De Blasio heads to Albany for pleas and protest
- A Compromise to Advance the Trade Agenda: Purge Negotiations of Investor-State Dispute Settlement
- Advocates says NY schools tour shows funding lack
- Change makes voucher expansion plan even bigger