“Coercion has no place in a democratic society, least of all in school where it flies in the face of everything that quality education should stand for!”
Parents, have you or your child been threatened, punished, or coerced by school administrators and/or teachers for opting your child out of high-stakes standardized state testing? If so, please share your details with Nina Bishop who’s preparing to file a joint ACLU complaint.
Send your account along with signed permission to be included in the complaint, by snail mail to:
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Educator: Teachers shouldn't be judged by tests
- Missouri to vote on teacher evaluation changes
- Detroit Schools fiscal health tied to enrollment
- Fairness questions persist with new grade change
- Schools open after tentative agreement in strike
- Waukegan teachers strike goes into 3rd week
- War on Poverty Turns 50: Are We Winning Yet?
- K-12 Leaders: Look for Lessons Outside Schools
- District's Ambitious Personalized Learning Effort Shows Progress
- Adaptive Testing Shaping Instruction