“Coercion has no place in a democratic society, least of all in school where it flies in the face of everything that quality education should stand for!”
Parents, have you or your child been threatened, punished, or coerced by school administrators and/or teachers for opting your child out of high-stakes standardized state testing? If so, please share your details with Nina Bishop who’s preparing to file a joint ACLU complaint.
Send your account along with signed permission to be included in the complaint, by snail mail to:
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- ACT Scores Virtually Unchanged, But Participation Is Up
- Women's Voices Lacking on School Boards
- Finn: Eight of the Toughest Challenges Schools Still Face
- Companies Honing Tools to Survey Students About Teachers
- Oculus Rift Fueling New Vision for Virtual Reality in K-12
- Polls Capture Public's Sour View of Common Core
- Gist wants to delay test-based graduation plan
- Detroit schools cancel 10 percent teacher pay cut
- Free ski pass on for Colorado fifth graders; sixth graders ski cheap
- Philadelphia Schools to Open on Time with Cuts to Programs